Friday, February 18, 2011

James Franco: Harper's Bazaar Handsome

Teaming up for a piece in the March issue of Harper's Bazaar, James Franco recently paid a visit to Frida Giannini and her beautiful Roman home.

Arriving a bit tired after jetting into Rome the night before, the ?127 Hours? actor greets the Gucci designer like the old friends and collaborators they are before they sit down for the interview.

Mr Franco starts off by saying, "Frida and I have been in sync since we met. I love her work, and she supports mine. Creatively, I know we will always be in line with each other."

He followed up with this question, ?When you see the clothes at a fashion show, sometimes they're more extreme than what you see in the store, right??

To that, Giannini replied, ?Well, not always at Gucci. I believe what we are showing on the catwalk needs to be in the stores. The big stores like in New York or London or Paris, the main flagships, they always have the entire collection--even the extreme pieces. There are people who are waiting for the extreme pieces from the fashion show. We are not the kind of company that thinks, Okay, I'll do something for the runway, and I'll make an entire new collection to sell.?

?What is the general thinking behind that? I'm wondering why someone would ever do extreme pieces [for the runway]. Does it define the show?? Franco then asks.

?I don't know; it's a different approach. I don't like to treat a piece of clothing like an object of art because I don't consider myself an artist. I'm a designer. My biggest satisfaction is always when I make something beautiful and well-done that I can see on a real man or woman--not only in the glossy magazines,? Frida replied.

Source: http://celebrity-gossip.net/james-franco/james-franco-harpers-bazaar-handsome-477550

Eva Longoria Parker Jeff Dunham George Lopez Katherine Heigl

No comments: